Friday, February 11, 2011

Two cards for two dear friends!

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 12:00 AM
**Long post, scroll all the way down for my second card**

Good morning! I have had a rough week. My son has been really sick and has been home the majority of the week. He has a really bad ear infection, which ended up rupturing his eardrum on Tuesday. Talk about scary! :( He's doing better though. Hopefully in 2 weeks when I take him for a check-up, it's healing right.

I made this card the day before I left for CHA. I gave it to Diana.. boy did we sure have a Magnolia-licious Party alright! I cannot even begin to describe how much I enoyed the mini vacation!

I just LOVE these new stamps. Birthday's are all year and I will have no problem grabbing these cuties over and over again to make a card! Do you see the Loving Border coming down under the flowers. I LOVE that corner stamp! This card is for the Just Magnolia Challenge, we have a sketch by Mina and it's a fun one! I hope you will join us this week!

Challenges

Just Magnolia - Sketch
Copic Creations - Cool Colors
Design Dollies - Purple, Green, Ivory
Magnolia Lovers - Glitter








Supplies -
Stamps - #294 Tilda with Balloon, #3060 Secret Tilda, #533 Loving Border
Paper - Martha Stewart, SU
Ink - Memento and Copics
Accessories - Wild Orchid Crafts flowers - yellow cherry blossom, 20mm pink rose, 15mm purple rose, 10mm white rose, purple 4mm rose buds, Magnolia Swedish Lace Die, SU ribbon, Studio Stickers, Kaiser Pearls, Stickles.


For my next card..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
 ANGIE!!!!!!

Angie isn't allowed on my blog until she gets her card in the mail! LOL I was trying to get her goodies mailed so she could have them by her Birthday, but with my son being sick it was difficult. As all of you know I LOVE pink and frilly, girly stuff. Angie really likes the deeper tones I really hope she likes her card, what do all of you think?

This card is also for Fussy and Fancy, Our theme over there is Something Sweet. It was intended to use actual sweets on your project, I misunderstood and put some cupcake stickers, which ended up being ok with my design team girls sooooo you can use actual sweets or stamp a sweet.. whatever tickles your fancy!

Challenges

Fussy and Fancy - Something Sweet
Truly Scrumptious - Sketch
Crafts n Me - Red
Paper Variety - Cupcakes
Cupcake Craft - Seeing red






Supplies
Stamps - #727 Happy Birthday, #233 Congratulations Tilda, #594 Balloon Background
Papers - SU, Pink Pasilee,
Ink - Memento and Copics
Accessories - Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, brown gardenia, 10mm blue rose, peach 4mm rose buds, 6mm vanilla rosebud, Tilda Lace Border, Silk Ribbon, Prima pearl swirl, SU button, Studio Stickers, Stickles and bakers twine.

Sorry for such a long post, if you're still reading, Thank you :)

5 comments:

yvon on February 11, 2011 at 4:49 AM said...

Wow, two beautiful creations, absolutely.
Sorry to hear about your son, hope he feels better soon.
Great weekend, hugs, yvon

Anonymous said...

Mindy, both your cards are beautiful! I love the glittery accents on both cards - perfect for bdays! Awesome color scheme on both, I can't choose which I like better! :) I wish you'd do a tutorial on how you color. I'd love to see your method. Really beautiful work!
hugs, Angela
(ps) hope your son feels better soon

Maline on February 11, 2011 at 5:47 AM said...

C'est superbe et ça brille de partout, j'adore. Amitié Céline

Apassionforpaper on February 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM said...

Love your cards Mindy. I'm team pink, girlie and glitter I think but both are lovely.
Sorry to hear that your son has been ill, hopefully he's on the mend now.
Happy Crafting, Julie Ann

Maline on February 12, 2011 at 6:49 AM said...

Ces 2 cartes sont magnifiques, très travaillées, en plus ça brille, bref j'adore. Amitié Céline

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates