Saturday, April 9, 2011

Coloring Skies at Make it Crafty!

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 3:00 AM
Hi there everyone! I just love the way this card came out. The challenge at Make it Crafty this week is Coloring Skies. I wanted a blue-ish purply sky to give the impression of it was a dark and gloomy day and it's clearing out and the rainbow is shinning! Did I accomplish that look? I LOVE the way it came out. I used Copics and I used BV00, V000, B41, B000 and BG0000 all in the sky. Then I used my Stardust Stickles for the shine. This is such a beautiful background from Make it Crafty it's called Rainbow Meadow. I used my Mini Magnolia Lion, I LOVE him!!!  I will be totally honest I had to to go look up lions online to get his color right. I think it's just DARLING!!! I  know what you are all thinking.. "WOW I can't believe she didn't put flowers" I can't believe it either. I didn't want to cover up the paper I think it's PERFECT and I didn't want to cover the image that took me hours to color! The little touch of Flowersoft was just enough, I think.

Anywho.. Have a great weekend. I'm going to be at my Great-Grandmother's 92nd Birthday Party! :)









Supplies
Stamps - Make it Crafty Rainbow Meadow Digi, Mini #492 Lion, Mini #703 Just Sittin' Here Thinking of you Sentiment,
Paper - Echo Park Little Girl Collection, Su Cardstock
Ink - Memento and Copics - G20, G21, G24, G28, BV00, B000, V000, BG0000, C3, C0, C00, C8, C6, C4, YR12, Y26, Y21, E33, E31, R89, R39, R37, R35, YR12, YR15, YR20, BV04, BV02,
Accessories - Magnolia Doohicky Tilda Lace Die, SU ribbon, Oval Nesties, misc button, Flowersoft and stickles.

4 comments:

Judith on April 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM said...

I love the rainbow! Beautiful card!
Greeting from the Netherlands!
Judith

Kim on April 9, 2011 at 6:26 AM said...

Beautiful card! So nice and colourful!

Hugs, Kim

Lillemor on April 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM said...

Wow it´s gorgeuss Mindy!Just love your colouring!
It´s magic.
Hugs Lillemor

Carole of Brum on April 11, 2011 at 7:18 AM said...

Hi Mindy, I saw this card on the Make It Colourful blog and thought then that the sky looked great, the violet gives great depth to your sky, and the touches of glitter are beautiful, like it's been raining but has stopped now. CoB

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates