Monday, December 6, 2010

A Purple Christmas Card for my Nana!

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 8:48 AM
Just a reminder my day is December 15th for the Magnolia Advent Calendar!

I made this card for a special person in my life, my 91 year old great-grandmother, Nana. We lost our papa, her husband of 74 years. He died the Monday before Thanksgiving. She adores my cards and her face brightens up everytime I give her one. She keeps them on the table next to the chair she sits in all day. I hope I can bring a smile to her face. She's just lost without papa. :( At the funeral I asked her what color Christmas card she wanted she said an Orchid color. She's so elegant! I love her dearly. I need to treasure every moment with her!












Supply List


Stamp - #3075 Tilda in Christmas Coat
Paper - Magnolia Paper Pack, XPress it Copic Paper, SU card stock,
Ink - Memento, Copics, Smooch Spritz, Chalk Cat's eye,
Accessories - Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Cherry Blossom purple, purple floral foundations 15mm roses, Wild Rose purple, Magnolia Doohicky Die, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Zva Crystal swirls, Kaiser crystals, Large Snowflake Christmas tree ornament.



5 comments:

Martina on December 6, 2010 at 10:00 AM said...

Mindy,
I am so sorry you lost your Grandpa!! And how sweet to make your Granny a card - very special for her in her favourite colours! This Christmas will be a bit sad I think...we lost my Hubby's father last year also about this time and Christmas was very calm....
But I am sure this lovely card will bring another smile on your Granny's face! I have seen your Tutorial about all the Glitzer and Glimmer...how sweet of you to share this with us! I adore your cards!!
HUgs,
Martina

Lillemor on December 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM said...

I read your thoughts about this card and it breaks my heart to read it...The card is absoulutely amazing- can´t find the words to describe the feeling it brings..it´s just adorable! I can tell that you have put down a lot of work and feelings into this card!
Thanks for sharing your beatiful art.
Love/Lillemor

Unknown on December 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM said...

Wow Mindy, how sad when somebody feels alone after loosing the one they love. My mother in law lost her husband two years ago and I had to take her into hospital last monday with a broken arm Now it turns out she is terminally ill so we are going to loose her sometime soon. Like you are doing for your granny, I'm trying to do everything I can to cheer her up, so I'm working on a special card for her myself. I can see all the love you put into this card but if you can make her smile it is worth every minute of your time!! Hugs, Frea

Chris_P on December 9, 2010 at 5:31 AM said...

Aww this is gorgeous!!! Simply stunning!!!

Kaartengek17 on December 15, 2010 at 5:20 AM said...

oh what a nice cards..
I'Ts like a painting...hug Marion

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates