Monday, August 9, 2010

Little Mermaid Tilda Pocket Card!

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 12:10 AM
Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was ok, I did a lot of crafting, 4 projects! All for this week. Friday I will be posting 3 different projects. I'm trying to do different cards, not my usual 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square card. So I hope you like them.

I am loving this Bon Voyage Collection! I wanted to do one of those zig zag cards with this one, but somehow it turned into a secret pocket card, I'm happy with it. The colors aren't my usual but I wanted to make a bright Summer card. I think I accoplished that. This card is 6 x 12 and scored at every 4 inches, all I did was tear at an angle, the top part. I used the background from the Wedding Collection for my Sunset.

This is made for the Wild Orchid Craft Challenge. Our theme for the next 2 weeks is One for the Girls. I'm actually sort  of kicking myself for not making a pink frilly girl card. Oh well.. I will make it up LOL!

Challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts - One for the Girls

Simon Says stamp - Song (Part of your world song when Ariel looks up to the shore)

Dutch Dare - Anything Goes

Pocket full of posies - Peach and Aqua

Bunny Zoes - Summer Days











Supplies
Stamps -  Little Mermaid Tilda,  Romantic Sunset, #576 Sea Banner, Sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps
Paper - Imaginisce Splash Dance Collection and Stampin up card stock
Ink - Distress Inks and Versafine
Accessories - Wild Orchid Craft - Peach Curly Wild Rose, 10mm Cream Rose, 8mm 2 tone roses, Blue Organza Ribbon, Aqua Pearls, Zva pearl swirls, SU Tag Punches and eyelet, Sparkly Fluff (clouds), Shells are from the 99 cent store, Dew Drops.

9 comments:

Suzi Mac on August 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM said...

Wow!! Mindy, this is utterly adorable. I love the design and your colouring is amazing as always. The embellishments and accents are wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration.

Hugs. Suzi x

Christina on August 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM said...

Woww that is absolutely stunning Mindy! Really love it!!
Hugs Kristel

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Mindy! I love the clever design and the little seashells! The colors and roses are gorgeous! Tilda and the sunset background are beautiful!
Hugs,
April

Chris on August 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM said...

OMG, this is an incredibly beautiful and clever design Mindy, I love everything about it and your colouring is amazing as always......just ignore me while I hang around for a while gazing at it :) Hugs, Chris

Alberto on August 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

Dear Mindy!
the stamp is sweet and the shell cute :)

Hugs, Albert

Mel on August 11, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

Wow just amazing and I'm loving the colour combo ~ Mel

LuzinhaFolch on August 11, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

WOW Mindy what a stunning card!
Those sea shells on the ribbon are FAB!
This card is simply gorgeous!
Thank you much for visiting my blog!It means a lot to me:)
xoxo
Lucy

Danielle Champagne on August 11, 2010 at 4:28 PM said...

Hello Mindy, WOW your mermaid Tilda is lovely. Your coloring is wonderful, I love just about everything of your card. The scene you created in the background is gorgeous. The irregular overlap of the cover on the inside is very original, the little shells held by the ribbon such a darling detail. Amazing work, great inspiration. And yes, I love this card size: he 5 1/2 is convenient spacewize, but it's another story to mail.... I have adjustment problems,when I change format!!!
Can't wait till friday!
Maggie Hugs.
Danielle

Aunty Sue on August 12, 2010 at 2:48 PM said...

Oh this is amazing the colours and the detail and the image just completely adorable.

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates