Monday, August 16, 2010

Magnolia-licious Blog Hop..... Happy Birthday Diana!!

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 1:00 AM
Happy Birthday Diana!

I just love this Birthday Set I made. I worked on it for 2 days. Not bad huh? I made a Party Hat, I found this easy tutorial on mking your own party hats. All I did was trace a large dinner plate on a 12x12 piece of cardstock. Then I made a party blower, this looked so difficult when I first looked at the tutorial but it wasn't at all. It doesn't make the noise but it actually works! One tutorial I found used a piece of vellum, I believe to make the noise, I didn't want to tempt my kids, as it is they wont stop asking me if they could blow it. I even offered to go buy some so the kids could play with those. My 8 year old, Belle, said.. "but mom it's not the same.. can't you just make us some... LOL! Next I altered a can of mushrooms, it makes such a cute center piece, I added some of my gorgeous Wild Orchid Craft Flowers. For the party favor/treat holder I decided to do one of those sour cream containers. I had something else in mind but I messed up the first one and I was running out of this patterned paper so I switched to this. I think it's the easiest favor you can make. a year ago I made 50 of them for my cousins baby shower, it was so easy! Last but not least here's my new favorite card. I just love this Mermaid Tilda to pieces! Angie sent me some of her extra stamps from the Summer kit, that is how I got this adorable Edwin on a hook and a few other Stamps. Thanks so much Angie, you are awesome!!!!

Ok enough chit chat! The theme for our Magnolia-licious Blog Hop is Birthday, but you have to make a card and alter an item. If you have come from the lovely Janiel's Blog, you are on the right track. If you haven't please start at the begining  at the Magnolia-licious Highlights blog. Next in line is fabulous Sharon. Have fun, I hope you enjoy the hop!

Here's the tutorials I used

Party Hat Tutorial
Party Blower Tutorial
Sour Cream Container Tutorial

Challenges

Cute Card Thursday - Tree-Mendous (trees or leaves)
PaperPlay - Bon Voyage (used my Bon Voyage collection)
Simon Says Stamp - Summer and Blue
All that Scraps - Die Cut
Crafty Cats - Animals
Secret Crafter - Girls
Friday Sketchers - Sketch
Stamp Something - Fairytales (mermaids are in that catagory right?)
Totally Gorjuss - Aqua
Magnolia Down Under - Tilda and Edwin
Stamp and Create - Flowers














Supplies

Stamps - #122 Edwin with Binoculars, #124 Dangling Sea Edwin, #306 Little Mermaid, #315 Tilda, Dangling Sea Tilda, #413 Pelican, #432 Seaweed, #473 Sea Horse,
Papers-Doodle Bug Sealife paper, Stampin up Card stock
Ink - Versafine ink, Distress ink and Stampin up inks
             Skin & Hair - SU blush blossom, SU creamy caramel, DI worn lipstick, DI antique linen, DI walnut stain
             Other colors -SU black, SU lovely lilac, SU baja breeze, DI weathered wood, DI victorian velvet,
             DI peeled paint, DI scattered straw and DI spun sugar.
Accessories - WOC Wild Roses, pink cherry blossoms, aster daisies, kaiser pearls, Martha Stewart border punch, Martha Stewart ribbon, stickles, circle nesties, oval nesties and sea shells are from the 99 cents store.

11 comments:

Christina on August 16, 2010 at 1:23 AM said...

Wowwww Mindy that looks absolutely stunning!! Really gorgeous!
Hugs Kristel

Monique Lokhorst on August 16, 2010 at 5:12 AM said...

Hello Mindy,

This is so gorgeous! I love all the details en the colours you have used. Welcome to our Design Team! Congratulations! Have a great week!

Lots of hugs from Holland,
Monique xxx

Danielle Champagne on August 16, 2010 at 5:42 AM said...

OH! Mindy such a pleasure for the eyes! Absolutely ravishing. The colors and papers are gorgeous. Awesome.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Tammy on August 16, 2010 at 6:26 AM said...

Wow - you have been so busy. Absolutely love everything about the gift set. The colours are adorable. A keepsake for sure. Do you sometimes feel like not giving your creations away? I know I do when spending a lot of time on them. Gorguss. Hugs Tammy x

Ellen on August 16, 2010 at 8:29 AM said...

This is so so beautiful, can't tell what I like the most, just all of it is awesome !!
Thanks for your inspirations !!

Hugs, Ellen

Lillemor on August 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM said...

How adorable cute isn´t this birthdayset!!???
Such lovely colours and pretty paper.
Fantastic job!
Lillemor

Maris on August 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM said...

hi Mindy, what a great projects you made, love them all, i became your follower, love your blog xx

Debbie on August 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

OMG Mindy, Stunning is all I can say. The sweet candy colours are just so gorgeous and girly, no wonder it took you a long time to make. Beautiful. Debbiexx

Christina C. on August 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM said...

Wow, Mindy.....you really went all out! Gorgeous projects...WOW! Your work is phenomenal.
That is a true labor of love.

JACKIE on August 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM said...

Have just came here from your other blog...OMG!!! your work really is amazing and such works of art...love it!!...hugs Jackie xx

Unknown on August 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

achei esse kit maravilhoso,tem um tutorials dele,gostaria de fazer um,beijos
ateliemonart@gmail.com
http://ateliemonart.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates