Friday, August 6, 2010

Mermaid Box for Just Magnolia

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 12:00 AM
Hi Magnolia friends. It feels like forever since I've posted. I have been making stuff, I just have been trying to get some Design Team Projects done. Today I have a Window Box for the Just Magnolia Challenge. You can find the tutorial HERE. The challenge over at Just Magnolia is to use acetate. I wanted to do something different than a card. So I decided to do the box. I wasn't sure if I was going to do a acetate window or not, then I thought that "bubbles" would be cute. I used my crop o dile for the 2 small circles and then my smallest circle punch I believe it's 1/4 of an inch.

I cannot get enough of this Mermaid Tilda, and I haven't even got her yet! I had to bug my good friend April to send me some images while I anxiously wait for my DT package from Magnolia-licious! Thank you April!!!

I hate to give credit where credit is due and it was my brilliant 8 year old daughter's idea to put the rose in her hair. Genius isn't she? What an eye for details!

I will be back Monday with the new Wild Orchid Craft challenge.

I will be soon having some blog candies.. so stay tuned!

Challenges

Just Magnolia - Acetate
Simon Says Stamp - Sing It (Little Mermaid Under the Sea)
Dutch Dare - Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge - 3 d
7KidsCollege fund - Pink, Polka Dots




Supplies

Stamps - Summer Collection, stampin up sentiment
Paper - Imaginisce Splash Dance Collection and Stampin up card stock
Ink - Versafine, Stampin up ink, Distress Inks
Accessories - Wild Orchid Flowers - 10mm white roses, 6mm pink rose buds, 15mm blue roses, 15mm pink roses, RRR pink polkadot ribbon, MS border punch, dew drops, crystal stickles, plastick bubble from Stampin up, Zva pearl strips, crop o dile, 1/4 circle punch, sheet of acetate.

9 comments:

Christina on August 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM said...

Woww Mindy that looks stunning! Love to watch your cards!
Hugs Kristel

Lillemor on August 6, 2010 at 12:36 AM said...

Wow what a cool box! I really like the "bubbles"!
I hope you´ll recieve your dtpackage from magnolia licious soon, I can see why you´re waiting unpatiently- the mermaid is levely!
Hugs/Lillemor

xmelisx on August 6, 2010 at 2:28 AM said...

Wow!! I love it!

Melissa

CraftyC on August 7, 2010 at 6:04 PM said...

Totally gorgeous Mindy and fabulous colours and embellishments!
Clairex

Suzi Mac on August 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM said...

Shame on me Mindy, I didn't even know you had a Magnolia blog. I do now!!! This is totally gorgeous, well done to you Daughter for the tip on the rose. Clever girl.

Ronda Archangelo on August 8, 2010 at 4:08 PM said...

Pretty darn cute!! Love that mermaid too...glad I found your fun blog.

cathylynn on August 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM said...

How clever!!! You sure have talent and I love this project.

angelique (anlou) on August 9, 2010 at 1:54 AM said...

it's absolutly gorgeous hun
it's amazing
hugs angelique

Yone on August 10, 2010 at 1:55 PM said...

Hi,Mindy,
Tks for your comments in my blog !
Your blog is lovely, now I'm your follower. This Mermaid Stamp is cute ! Hugs, Yone

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates